Art Share Thread

Art is a broad topic...
seasnails
https://pl.pinterest.com/kuchnie_na_wymiar_warszawa/

Art Share Thread

Post by seasnails »

A thread for anyone to share any of their own art, be it visual, audible, or whatever else.

I'm going to cheat for my first share and just link directly to my site's "art" page. https://woahyeahyeah.neocities.org/art

I tend to go in brief spurts followed by extended periods of no-drawing activity, but when the inspiration strikes I have a lot of fun doing it.
rejectconvenience

Re: Art Share Thread

Post by rejectconvenience »

seasnails wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:49 pm I'm going to cheat for my first share and just link directly to my site's "art" page. https://woahyeahyeah.neocities.org/art
I love this!!! Calvin and Hobbes is the best!!

here's a doodle of gwenpool I doodled a few days ago, since she's now a fortnite thing (I don't play that game, but I loved her comics)
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG (195.52 KiB) Viewed 125 times
Be kind and patient with each other!
YouTube SpaceHey NeoCities Regular Website
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

Looks great! I like the simple color palette. My firstborn was just telling me the other day how they like Gwenpool more than Deadpool.

Here's one I just did that may look familiar:
mac_reject_convenience_fs.png
mac_reject_convenience_fs.png (35.65 KiB) Viewed 122 times
P.S. View it in a new window to see it full-sized and avoid the weird effect that happens when the black and white fill patterns are resized.
rejectconvenience

@seasnails OMG I LOVE IT! I never thought I'd ever get fan art!! That is so cool! Love the old mac style so much! How did you do that???

edit: I just found how you did it on your site! That is so cool!!! I had no idea there were emulators for that!!
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

Glad you like it, I'm sure it won't be the last! I use an emulator called Mini vMac and I edited mine to have a 1024x768 resolution so I have more room to work with in MacDraw II, which is what I use for the actual drawing within the emulator. (Or occasionally, MacPaint for more freeform stuff.) If you ever want to play around with it and want help getting the ROM, disk images, etc. just let me know.
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

Trying to do at least one piece every day. Today's is Calvin's "Tracer Bullet" alter-ego, from Calvin & Hobbes. I just wholesale copycatted the reference image (which fans will no doubt recognize) I had next to me because I wanted to practice the neat light/shadow look it uses.
mac_tracer_bullet_fs.png
mac_tracer_bullet_fs.png (28.95 KiB) Viewed 90 times
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

All right, sorry for two in a single day but I apparently got bit by the drawing bug and I'm really proud of this one. Vivi, from Final Fantasy IX (used a reference image, no way I could come up with all those details on my own):
mac_vivi_fs.png
mac_vivi_fs.png (29.19 KiB) Viewed 83 times
I think using the 2pt line thickness works better than the default 1pt I've been using in the past, it just seems to jive with the style better. Hands are hard, but I'm particularly pleased with the shading on the knobbly staff.
rejectconvenience

These look awesome @seasnails !!!
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

"Greetings from your friendly neighborhood tax-collector!"
mac_sheriff_fs.png
mac_sheriff_fs.png (45.52 KiB) Viewed 67 times
One of these days I'm going to get a screenshot without the cursor in the image.
rejectconvenience

@seasnails this is a really challenging platform to draw on!

Here's one my first attempts:
Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 09-05-51 James Friend PCE.js - Classic Mac OS in the Browser.png
Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 09-05-51 James Friend PCE.js - Classic Mac OS in the Browser.png (14.6 KiB) Viewed 54 times