I use arch, btw

Talk about Linux, macOS, Windows, maybe TempleOS?
rejectconvenience
https://pl.pinterest.com/kuchnie_na_wymiar_warszawa/

I use arch, btw

Post by rejectconvenience »

That's not true, I use pop_os, but what's your favorite distro? :geek:
Linkard

Re: I use arch, btw

Post by Linkard »

I've been using Linux Mint on my older laptop, and it's been great ! But Davinci Resolve doesn't work, because it apparently doesn't play well with Debian and Ubuntu :( Probably the same with Pop_OS then
Image Image Image
rejectconvenience

I have also had a lot of trouble with Resolve lately on Pop, to the point that I've found myself just doing my editing in Blender... Hmm, maybe I should look at arch, btw
Be kind and patient with each other!
YouTube SpaceHey NeoCities Regular Website
Sooshi

Post by Sooshi »

I've been using Garuda on my desktop, and MX Linux on my laptop for the past...2 years I think? I couldn't get EA games to play on anything else lol
I am cringe, and that is based.
I am not based, but that's not cringe.

https://kittysoda.neocities.org/
rejectconvenience

Sooshi wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:14 am I've been using Garuda on my desktop, and MX Linux on my laptop for the past...2 years I think? I couldn't get EA games to play on anything else lol
oOOOooo Garuda looks kind of nice, looks like I'm about to start distro hopping again
Sooshi

Post by Sooshi »

rejectconvenience wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:24 am
oOOOooo Garuda looks kind of nice, looks like I'm about to start distro hopping again
They definitely have a lot of tools and built in scripts that make keeping things up to date, and, compared to vanilla arch, not broken easier. :lol:
I am cringe, and that is based.
I am not based, but that's not cringe.

https://kittysoda.neocities.org/
Stefen_Maxwell

Post by Stefen_Maxwell »

I have distro hopped so much before that I kinda burnt out. Overall, I have landed on pop!_os for my use case, and I am extremely excited about the new desktop environment they have building.
rejectconvenience

Stefen_Maxwell wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 3:05 am I have distro hopped so much before that I kinda burnt out. Overall, I have landed on pop!_os for my use case, and I am extremely excited about the new desktop environment they have building.
What's the new desktop environment???
Stefen_Maxwell

Post by Stefen_Maxwell »

rejectconvenience wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:27 am What's the new desktop environment???
It is called Cosmic. System76 have been building it from scratch in rust. It looks a bit gnome like, but with better customization options out of the box.

https://news.itsfoss.com/pop-os-cosmic/
seasnails

Post by seasnails »

I think I've settled on my favorite being Archcraft at this point, because it's Arch (btw), it's lightweight/non-bloated so it works on my older devices, I love Openbox, it has an easy installer, and the distro has pretty decent simple custom theming out of the box.

(Before anyone roasts me: Yes, I've done the whole vanilla arch from scratch thing, a good ten-ish years ago. I did it once, it was educational, I had a blast, I discovered Openbox that way out of necessity, I used it until that machine physically broke down and wouldn't turn on anymore, and I've never felt the need to do it again since.)